The Eliot-Hine main office has relocated to Eastern HS for the summer (July 9 – August 13) while modernization work is underway this summer at Eliot-Hine MS. School staff are available during normal operating hours (9 AM – 4 PM, Monday through Friday), to address any of your enrollment and other school related needs. Families looking to enroll should come by Eastern HS instead.
If you have any specific questions you can contact the Eliot-Hine main office directly at (202) 939-5380, the DCPS central office at (202) 442-5885, or DCPS Facilities, (202) 907-8358. Also, the point-of-contact for the Eliot-Hine modernization is Oni Hinton and her email is Oni.Hinton@dc.gov.
For the final Stevens CWG meeting, DCPS hosted two calls to share an update on the Thaddeus Stevens building, engage the community on opportunities for connections within the area, and discuss the planning process moving forward. With a citywide approach, DCPS will continue planning towards goals of increasing access to quality ECE seats, while also focusing on new opportunities to expand citywide capture and build a diverse school community.
View the full presentation here
Here are some key components of this Thaddeus Stevens project:
- Stevens ECE Center will include DCPS pre-kindergarten programming and 0-3 infant and toddler programming through partnership.
- The DCPS ECE program will be open to applicants citywide and will not have a boundary.
- Opportunity to utilize intentional design and enrollment approach to build SES and ability-diverse school community.
- We are tracking towards an August 2020 opening date.
We will continue to blog updates here and you can also follow along on the DCPS Facilities Modernization site, on the Thaddeus Stevens tab.
The Facilities Team will join the next PTO meeting on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 6 PM, and again on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 5:30 pm to discuss these changes with Eliot-Hine school community. Join for whichever meeting you can! For more information, check out the full project update: New Student Path to Metro.
Project updates can be viewed on the Facilities Eliot-Hine MS modernization website.
- Beginning Monday, December 11, 2017, students will exit the building towards 17th Place NE.
- Eliot-Hine students will not be able to walk down constitution Ave NE to the Stadium-Amory Metro Station
- Students will be redirected to walk along 17th Street NE, then along East Capitol Street NE (in front of Eastern SHS) to access the Metro Station
- E-H students may not be able to walk across Eastern’s field
The two Facilities point-of-contacts for this modernization are Josh Tuch and Oni Hinton. Below is their contact information if you have any questions: