Recently Principal Young shared this announcement with the Eliot-Hine community. Eliot-Hine MS is starting their search for a new principal for School Year 2018-2019. A principal panel comprised of Eliot-Hine staff, current parents, feeder school parents, and community members will determine questions and interview principal candidates starting next week.
This survey was created to gather input on strategic planning for the upcoming school year at Eliot-Hine. Please share your thoughts on what is most important for the continued progress of our community and the selection of the new principal. If you have any questions, please reach out to Eliot-Hine’s Director of Strategy & Logistics, Ophelia.Morgan@dc.gov.
Principal Young’s welcome letter for the new school year and a fun video she created for the community! To learn more from Principal Young and ask questions in person, check out the below upcoming Eliot-Hine events:
- Wednesday, 8/9 at 3:30-5 PM: Principal Young meet and greet at Anacostia HS library.
- Thursday, 8/10 at 5 -7:30 PM: Principal Young meet and greet at Benning library.
- Saturday, 8/19 at 9 AM – 1 PM: Eliot-Hine beautification day
- Saturday, 8/16 at 9 AM – 1 PM: FREE athletic physicals at Eastern-1700 E. Capitol, NE. Students must have this form complete for sports participation.
Orientation Dates for Eliot-Hine Students
- Friday, 8/11 at 10 AM – 1 PM: 6th grade student orientation
- Tuesday, 8/15 at 6 – 7:30 PM: 6th grade orientation for families
- Thursday, 8/17 at 6 – 7:30 PM: 7th and 8th grade orientation
- Friday, 8/18 at 10 – 11:30 AM: Last chance orientation for all grades
Thank you to everyone who came out to our first meet and greet with Principal Young. We all enjoyed “Sundaes on Monday”! Families not only met Eliot-Hine’s new principal, but also Dean Lockhart and Director of School Strategy & Logistics, Mrs. Morgan. The group engaged in dialogue about how the new 6th graders will transition to middle school and learned so much from Maury ES and Miner ES families present. We also discussed more about the upcoming Maury ES swing and how to build on this opportunity of having the two schools together.
If you missed this meet and greet, there is another this Thursday at the Pretzel Bakery. Come out and learn more or enroll your student for SY17-18!
Eliot-Hine Middle School’s new principal, Eugenia Young, is hosting a Meet & Greet on Monday, July 31. The event will be held from 12:00-2:00 PM at Eliot Hine Middle School. Ice cream will be served! We will also be enrolling students for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year. Come out and meet Principal Young and enjoy a yummy sundae!