Eliot-Hine Middle School staff hope to see you Wednesday, 9/19 at 6 PM for a fun back to school night! After meeting the staff and attending sessions, there will be a BBQ dinner. Please call the main office with any questions, (202) 939-5380 or email Ophelia.Morgan@dc.gov.
Principal Young’s welcome letter for the new school year and a fun video she created for the community! To learn more from Principal Young and ask questions in person, check out the below upcoming Eliot-Hine events:
- Wednesday, 8/9 at 3:30-5 PM: Principal Young meet and greet at Anacostia HS library.
- Thursday, 8/10 at 5 -7:30 PM: Principal Young meet and greet at Benning library.
- Saturday, 8/19 at 9 AM – 1 PM: Eliot-Hine beautification day
- Saturday, 8/16 at 9 AM – 1 PM: FREE athletic physicals at Eastern-1700 E. Capitol, NE. Students must have this form complete for sports participation.
Orientation Dates for Eliot-Hine Students
- Friday, 8/11 at 10 AM – 1 PM: 6th grade student orientation
- Tuesday, 8/15 at 6 – 7:30 PM: 6th grade orientation for families
- Thursday, 8/17 at 6 – 7:30 PM: 7th and 8th grade orientation
- Friday, 8/18 at 10 – 11:30 AM: Last chance orientation for all grades
This past weekend Eiot-Hine hosted an event to kick off enrollment for School Year 2017-2018. Families enrolled their students while everyone planted peas and participated in a Kusama inspired painting project from a field trip students took to the Hirschhorn Museum earlier. Check out the photos from the event below and stop by Eliot-Hine to see the new artwork!
If you missed this event, below are other opportunities you can come enroll your student or learn more about Eliot-Hine in person. Please call the main office if you have any questions about enrollment: 202-939-5380.
- April 8, Saturday, 9 – 11 AM: Finishing the pollinator garden installation!
- April 12, Wednesday 5:30-8 PM: PTO meeting
- May 10, Wednesday, 5:30- 8 PM: PTO meeting
- May 13, Saturday, 9 AM – 12 PM: Enrollment Fair
- May 19, Friday, 12 – 7 PM: Parent Teacher Conference Day
- June 2, Friday, 5:30 -8 PM: International Night Expo
- June 6, Tuesday, 5 – 7 PM: Enrollment Fair
Mapping out where the peas will go
Planted peas- ready in 60 days!
Finished product now hanging on the fence!