Principal Young’s welcome letter for the new school year and a fun video she created for the community! To learn more from Principal Young and ask questions in person, check out the below upcoming Eliot-Hine events:
- Wednesday, 8/9 at 3:30-5 PM: Principal Young meet and greet at Anacostia HS library.
- Thursday, 8/10 at 5 -7:30 PM: Principal Young meet and greet at Benning library.
- Saturday, 8/19 at 9 AM – 1 PM: Eliot-Hine beautification day
- Saturday, 8/16 at 9 AM – 1 PM: FREE athletic physicals at Eastern-1700 E. Capitol, NE. Students must have this form complete for sports participation.
Orientation Dates for Eliot-Hine Students
- Friday, 8/11 at 10 AM – 1 PM: 6th grade student orientation
- Tuesday, 8/15 at 6 – 7:30 PM: 6th grade orientation for families
- Thursday, 8/17 at 6 – 7:30 PM: 7th and 8th grade orientation
- Friday, 8/18 at 10 – 11:30 AM: Last chance orientation for all grades
Earlier, Book Club for Kids came to Eliot-Hine MS to talk with students about a new book, Ungifted by Gordon Korman and the episode is now available. Book Club for Kids is a free podcast and great forum where students talk about books! The host/executive producer Kitty Felde is recipient of a 2017 Arts and Humanities Fellowship from the DC Commission on the Arts & Humanities. Eliot-Hine students really enjoyed chatting with Kitty and KNX anchor Randy Kerdoon. Please tune in to see what our students had to say!
The podcast is now available to download here:
If you enjoyed this podcast, past episodes can be heard here.
Thank you to everyone who came out to our first meet and greet with Principal Young. We all enjoyed “Sundaes on Monday”! Families not only met Eliot-Hine’s new principal, but also Dean Lockhart and Director of School Strategy & Logistics, Mrs. Morgan. The group engaged in dialogue about how the new 6th graders will transition to middle school and learned so much from Maury ES and Miner ES families present. We also discussed more about the upcoming Maury ES swing and how to build on this opportunity of having the two schools together.
If you missed this meet and greet, there is another this Thursday at the Pretzel Bakery. Come out and learn more or enroll your student for SY17-18!