Eliot-Hine is one of the two DCPS International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP) schools. In the fall of 2015, the IB Organization authorized Eliot-Hine as an official IB MYP. Remaining committed to a vision of educational excellence, Eliot-Hine’s Middle Years Programme offers a curriculum for students in grades six through eight committed to promoting independent learning, critical thinking, and inquisitiveness. Their feeder high school, Eastern High School, is also an IB World School so students can continue their pathway to an IB Diploma.
Led and organized by Eliot-Hine, DCPS high schools gathered to showcase their programs at the December 1st high school fair. Prepared with questions to ask schools, students and families learned more about how to apply to schools via the My School DC lottery, extracurriculars, and all their high school options.
There will also be an Eliot-Hine MS table at EdFest on Saturday, December 10th. Stop by to learn more about the school, hear from the principal and current students/parents, and grab an Eliot-Hine lanyard!
- EdFEST: Saturday, December 10, 2016
- 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- DC Armory (2001 East Capitol St SE)
- Admission and parking are FREE
- *Interpretation in sign language, Spanish, Amharic, Mandarin, Vietnamese, and French available throughout the day.
Metro Station: Stadium–Armory (Orange/Blue/Silver lines)
Metro Bus: B2, D6, E32, 96, 97
Free onsite parking: Lot #3
- NEW: Get to and from EdFEST using Lyft! Enter the code “EDFEST” in the payment section before you request your ride.
Photos from the HS Fair below: