Demolition of the first floor began in April 2016. Listed below are updates from the construction team. We have included pictures so you can see the work that has been done thus far. Click on this link for pictures – https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sjui3mzi6wx4hl7/AACgtv7wRfwU6rGB-mcc3ojqa?dl=0.
Academic Wing – First Floor
- Demolition is performing punchlist (small tasks) items on the 1st Floor.
- Abatement is complete on the 1st Floor.
- MEP (mechanical, engineering, & plumbing) contractors are installing hangers in the academic corridor spaces. Ductwork will be arriving by the end of the week and plumbing pipe installation to begin by the end of this week.
Academic Wing – Second Floor
- Demolition is ongoing with wall, above ceiling MEP, and flooring being removed.
- Containments are being set up for abatement and abatement is planned to begin next week on the 2nd Floor.
Multipurpose Wing – First Floor
- Performing punchlist on demolition items.
- Abatement is complete.
- MEP contractors are coordinating in the multi-purpose wing.
- Layout for underground plumbing is ongoing and slab cuts will begin on Thursday, 4/28, for the underground pipe trenches.
- Ductwork installation began in the fraternity hall space.
Multipurpose Wing – Second Floor
- Abatement is complete on the floor tile in the corridor area. Abatement is ongoing in the stairwells. Abatement on the auditorium floor tile will begin the week of May 2nd.
- The corridor plaster ceiling has been removed and demolition is ongoing in the locker room area.
- Boiler Room
- Demolition is complete.
- Link Corridor
- Openings have been made in the 2nd Floor façade to remove materials from the 2nd Floor and demolition of the stairwell at the link will begin week of May 2nd.
- MEP contractors are laying out above ceiling work and installing hangers in the link corridor.